Data Protection Declaration
1. ControllerThe controller of the collection and processing of data described below is
ara Shoes AG, Zur Schlenkhecke 4, 40764 Langenfeld, Germany.
2. Storage of the IP addressWe store the IP address transmitted by your web browser strictly for the intended purpose for a period of seven days to enable us to recognize, delimit and eliminate attacks on our websites. After expiry of this period of time we will either delete or anonymize the IP ad-dress. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
3. Usage dataWhenever you visit our websites, so-called usage data are temporarily stored as a protocol on our web server for statistical purposes in order to enhance the quality of our websites. This data set comprises
- the page which the file was requested from,
- the name of the file,
- the date and time of the request,
- the quantity of data transmitted,
- the access status (file transmitted, file not found),
- the description of the type of web browser used,
- the IP address of the requesting computer which is shortened so as to no longer enable a connection to be made to the person concerned.
4. Processing of your data and transferring dataIn connection with the commissioned processing of your data by a processor pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, we transfer your data to service providers which support us in operating our web-sites and in the processes in connection therewith. Our service providers are strictly bound by our instructions and are bound by contract accordingly. We use the following service providers: Google Analytics (USA) We partially transmit personal data to a third country outside the EU. In this connection we have always ensured an adequate level of data protection:
In the case of Google Analytics (USA), an adequate level of data protection is ensured from participation in the Privacy Shield Agreement (Art. 45 (1) GDPR).
We guarantee that your personal data are not otherwise transferred to third parties. We do, however, reserve the right to disclose information on you if we are legally obliged to do so or if such disclosure is required of us by public authorities or criminal prosecutors acting lawfully.
On our websites we use both session cookies and permanent cookies. Processing is based on Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR and is in the interests of making our Internet presence more user-friendly, effective and safer overall, and to accelerate navigating on our platform.
You may also object to the storage.
6. Tracking tools
The information on your use of this website that is generated by the cookie is generally transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Since we have enabled IP anon-ymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google in advance in the member states of the European Union, however. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP ad-dress transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there (Google’s participation in the privacy shield ensures an adequate data protection level pursuant to Art. 45 (1) GDPR). Moreover, we have entered into a contract on commissioned data processing pur-suant to Art. 28 GDPR with Google Inc. (USA). Accordingly, Google may only use the entire information in strict compliance with its respective purpose in order to evaluate the use of our website for us and to prepare reports on the website activities.
You may object to the compilation of the pseudonymized usage profiles at any time. Please use one of the following possibilities for this: You can prevent cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly; we do point out, however, that in this case it is possible that you will be unable to fully use all of the functions of this website.
In addition, you can prevent the data relating to your use of the website that is generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address) from being transmitted to Google and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available using the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Data collection by Google Analytics can be additionally prevented by clicking on the following link. A corresponding cookie is set which permanently prevents your data from being col-lected in future when you visit this website:
Click here to object to the processing of your data by Google Analytics.
6.2. Google Tag ManagerFurthermore, we use the Google Tag Manager on our website for the purpose of online advertising that is personalized and tailored to interests and location.
The Google Tag Manager enables us to address visitors to our website with targeted adver-tising in connection with marketing campaigns for our products on the websites of our adver-tising partners. This type of advertising is conducted anonymously. The advertising materi-als on our partners’ websites are shown by means of the Google Tag Manager based on a cookie technology (“DoubleClick Cookie”) and the previous visit to our website. The data are obtained and stored by Google. Our advertising partners are not given any information on the data stored in the cookie. In addition to the IP address of the computer used, the cookie stores an ID number with which Google can ascertain how often you have accessed which website. No other personal data are stored apart from the IP address. The data stored in the cookie are not combined with other personal data to form user profiles. You can manage your settings for adverts in the Google ad support (https://support.google.com/ads/answer/7395996). The legal basis for the data processing is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR to offer you the best possible shopping experience. The data processing is lawful until such time.
7. Re-targeting GoogleWe use re-targeting technologies of Google to enable us to offer you advertisements which are geared to suit your interests as closely as possible on other web pages too. The data processing is conducted on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR to offer you the best possible shop-ping experience.
Whenever you visit our websites, recognition features of your browser or terminal device are retrieved, your IP address is evaluated or else a recognition feature is stored as a small text file (e.g. a so-called Third-Party Cookie) on your device. Your usage behavior is cap-tured when you visit various websites. The features are pseudonymized. If you are logged on with your Google account, these features can be directly attributed to your profile. Google can link your visits to our websites to your features and store them so that you can be shown targeted advertising on other web pages. Google can thus also ascertain your last visit to our website. Your terminal device and your browser are recognized by Google, e.g. whenever you access a page showing adverts on behalf of Google. Re-marketing On our websites we can place keywords containing statements on the content of the web pages such as the product range. Google obtains these keywords which do not contain any personal or sensitive information. If you visit a page containing certain keywords on prod-ucts, then Google stores this and attributes it to your pseudonymized recognition features. This linking enables Google to recognize whether you have been shown our advertisements and if so, which adverts have been shown. Cross Device Re-marketing Google is able to technically link the pseudonymized characteristics, e.g. of your devices such as tablet, smart phone and email post box (Cross Device Marketing), with one another. The precondition for this is for you to have made a declaration to Google in the past, stating that you consent to such data processing. Thus, Google is able to conduct targeted advertis-ing campaigns via diverse devices.
Your data are transmitted to Google and stored in the USA. Pursuant to Art. 45 (1) GDPR, Google’s participation in the Privacy Shield ensures an adequate data protection level. Google uses the data to evaluate the use of our website for us and to compile reports on the website activities.
You can object the re-marketing anytime according to Art. 21 GDPR. This can be done by changing the respective browser settings. Data processing is lawful until such time.
Comprehensive information on Google’s data protection policy is also available at: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
If you do not agree to data processing by Google Inc., please disable the Java script function in your browser so that you only obtain a restricted view.
9. CompetitionsWe only use any information provided by you in connection with competitions to conduct the competition and to establish and contact the winners (Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 b) and/or f) GDPR). The winners are notified in writing. We rule out any use of your data for advertising purposes. We delete these data immediately after the prizes have been handed over or whenever you object to the use of your data. If there are any statutory retention periods, we store the data pending expiry of such periods.
10. Job applications via e-mailWe process your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations on the basis of sec. 26 German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). We process the data you disclose to us in your application via email solely for the purpose of the selection process. There is no data processing for any other purpose.
You are responsible yourself for determining the scope of the data you wish to send us in your e-mail application. Applications via email are transmitted electronically to our human resources department and are handled there as quickly as possible. Transmission is en-crypted. Applications are generally sent to the head of the competent department in our company. There is no other transfer of your data. The details of your application are han-dled confidentially in our company and if your application is unsuccessful, your documenta-tion is deleted 6 months after conclusion of the application process.
If case we would like to take your application into consideration in different or future job offers, we request you to mark your application accordingly. We will then process your data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR.
11. Explanations of the security measuresWe implement technical and organizational measures to protect your data as comprehen-sively as possible against undesired access. We employ an encryption process on our sites. Your data are encrypted by means of SSL encryption from your computer to our server and vice versa during transmission via the Internet. This is shown in the status bar of your browser where the padlock symbol is closed and the address line starts with https://.
12. Ara ShopsAt “ara worldwide” you have the possibility to use our online-shop (https://www.ara-shoes.de). You can inform you about the data processing on this page in the data protection statement provided there. You also find this data protection statement here: https://www.ara-shoes.de/Datenschutz/. You can find the data protection statements of the other shops on their homepages.
13. Your rightsAs the website user, the GDPR affords you certain rights in connection with the processing of your personal data:
13.1. Right of access to information (Art. 15 GDPR):You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed; where that is the case, you have the right of access to the personal data and to the information listed in detail in Art. 15 GDPR.
13.2. Right to rectification and erasure (Arts. 16 and 17 GDPR):You have the right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and, if applicable, the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
You additionally have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay if one of the grounds set out in detail in Art. 17 GDPR applies, e.g. if the data are no longer necessary for the purposes pursued.
13.3. Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR):You have the right to obtain restriction of processing for the duration of any examination where one of the conditions set out in Art. 18 GDPR applies, e.g. if you have lodged an objec-tion to the processing.
13.4. Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR):In certain cases which are set out in detail in Art. 20 GDPR you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or you have the right to have those data transmitted to a third party.
13.5. Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR):If data are collected on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR (data processing to safeguard legiti-mate interests), you have the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your par-ticular situation, at any time. We will then no longer process the personal data unless there are provably compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves the establishment, exer-cise or defense of legal claims.
13.6. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authorityPursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory author-ity if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes data protec-tion regulations. The right to lodge a complaint can be exercised, in particular, with a super-visory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Your rights with respect to ara Shoes AG can be claimed at the following address for exam-ple: ara shoes AG, Zur Schlenkhecke 4, 40764 Langenferld, Germany, E-mail: email@example.com.
14. B2B ShopData processing for performance of the contract:
Pursuant to Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR, we solely store and use the personal data which you transmit to us during the course of an order process, for processing your orders. In this connection we use your e-mail address for sending messages on the status of your order. This also applies to the associated customer service and to the processing of any warranty which may be required at a later date.
If necessary, personal data are transferred to the companies which are involved in pro-cessing this contract, e.g. credit institutions for processing the payment, logistics companies for delivery of the goods.
The contract data are not deleted if, after termination of the contract, payment of accounts receivable is still outstanding and is to be collected. If there are statutory retention periods, the respective data will be archived for the duration of such periods. Any special terms and conditions agreed by contract or special terms of delivery will also be stored for the duration of the statutory retention periods.
Data processing to safeguard legitimate interests:
Otherwise the data will be deleted no later than three years after termination of the contract (unless this is opposed by statutory retention obligations), and during this time period they shall only be held available in case of any inquiries or to allocate any new purchase orders to you and to enable them to be processed as quickly as possible. The data processing shall be conducted on the basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR.
You have the right to object to the data processing. Further details on this are provided in the section “Your rights”.
In addition, some information can be provided voluntarily. Providing your telephone number is voluntary, for example. No negative consequences are involved even if these data are not provided. The non-provision thereof can, however, make subsequent communications more difficult or delay them in an individual case.
Data processing based on your consent:
If you have provided information voluntarily or have consented separately to receiving information on our company products and services from us by telephone, in writing or by e-mail, the respective processing is based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 a) GDPR. Your consent may be withdrawn at any time without this having any effect on the lawfulness of the processing which has been conducted previously. If consent is withdrawn, we shall discontinue the re-spective data processing.
Data processing for direct advertising:
We process your data for the purpose of direct advertising, especially to send our adverts by the postal service and by e-mail for advertising our own similar goods. The data pro-cessing is based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 f) GDPR and in the interests of advising you about new products and services. Every customer has the right to object where exercising this right leads to the discontinuation of processing for the purpose of direct advertising. The customer may object to the utilization of his or her data at any time without incurring any costs for this other than the cost of transmission subject to standard tariffs. If data are solely stored for direct advertising, they shall be deleted after the objection has been lodged.
The data which you have provided us with in connection with a purchase order shall only be transferred to third parties (e.g. to credit institutions for processing the payment, service providers for a credit assessment, service providers to collect outstanding accounts receiva-ble, transport companies) if we are authorized to transfer them under data protection law (e.g. under the above legal provisions).
In addition, we may transfer your data to external service providers which support us in data processing in the context of commissioned processing by another processor in strict compliance with our instructions.
There is no data processing outside the EU or the EEA (European Economic Area).
We will neither sell nor otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
15. Contact data of the data protection officerOur data protection officer is available to provide you with information and suggestions on the subject of data protection and inquiries can be addressed to him at the following contact data:
datenschutz nord GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0)421 69 66 32 0
16. Changes to the data protection declarationWe reserve the right to change this data protection declaration at any time.
Welcome to the
ara retailer service
Dear Retailer, You are now in the ara shoes secure retailer area. Here you can find out about everything to do with the ara shop concept. You can also maintain your data or shop at the online store.
Additionally, much of the content that you know about from the ara retailer area can now be accessed without logging in. This includes, for example, information on marketing or details regarding our order centres and distribution partners. Your ara shoes team wishes you much success!